In order to acknowledge our efforts we would appreciate inclusion of the following paragraph in the “Acknowledgements” section of any paper which makes a significant use of the MultiDark Database:
The MultiDark Database used in this paper and the web application providing online access to it were constructed as part of the activities of the German Astrophysical Virtual Observatory as result of a collaboration between the Leibniz-Institute for Astrophysics Potsdam (AIP) and the Spanish MultiDark Consolider Project CSD2009-00064. The Bolshoi and MultiDark simulations were run on the NASA’s Pleiades supercomputer at the NASA Ames Research Center. The MultiDark-Planck (MDPL) and the BigMD simulation suite have been performed in the Supermuc supercomputer at LRZ using time granted by PRACE.
You are welcome to use the simulation data in the database for your own scientific purposes without further consultation with the scientists who generated them. If you use the data in a publication or proposal please reference to the appropriate paper(s):
For the MultiDark simulation:
- Halo concentrations in the standard LCDM cosmology
Prada et al. 2012, MNRAS, 423, 3018
For the Bolshoi simulation:
- Dark Matter Halos in the Standard Cosmological Model: Results from the Bolshoi Simulation
Klypin et al. 2011, ApJ, 740, 102
For the MultiDark Database:
- The MultiDark Database: Release of the Bolshoi and MultiDark Cosmological Simulations
Riebe et al. 2013, AN 334, 691
The MultiDark Database team consists of:
- Database Technical Development: Harry Enke, Adrian Partl, Kristin Riebe, supported by Gerard Lemson and Tamas Budavari
- Web Application Development (Daiquiri): Jochen Klar, Adrian Partl
- Database Scientific Coordination: Stefan Gottlöber, Anatoly Klypin, Francisco Prada
- Project Managers: Harry Enke, Francisco Prada
The database contains raw data of the Bolshoi and MultiDark simulations performed by A. Klypin at NAS Ames and processed data of these simulations by J. Forero-Romero, S. Gottlöber, A. Klypin, F. Prada, V. Turchaninov. The MDPL and the BigMD simulation suite have been performed by S. Hess and G. Yepes in the Supermuc supercomputer at LRZ using time granted by PRACE. Processed data of these simulations were created by S. Gottlöber, S. Hess, A. Klypin, F. Prada, and G. Yepes.
We would like to thank Anatoly Klypin and Joel Primack for providing the Bolshoi and MultiDark simulation data and we are grateful to Matthias Steinmetz and Carlos Muñoz for the permanent support given to our project.